Nice to meet you, I’m Michael. You can call me Michael, Mike or Mikey.
I am a designer, mentor, startup advisor and decent at impressions.
I’m Mikey Cattell, a designer, and recovering developer. I work with some of my very favourite people at the Department for Work and Pensions (a British government department responsible for welfare and pension policy) where I serve as their Senior Interaction Designer and make services and products easy to use for users, the picture clearer for stakeholders and things for the web.
I live and work in Leeds with my wife Emma, my daughter, and our little dog Ralph. I’m a fan of football (LA Galaxy!), craft beers, running (sometimes), grower of veg, game player, terrible jokes, serial cake testing, and listening to a lot of music and podcasts.
With over 15 years of experience being a curious designer in public and private sectors, agency and contracting roles for clients of all sizes, specialising in leading and facilitating design, designing clean interfaces, as well as plotting services and products from discovery to launch.
I do all of this by telling memorable stories to describe the work I am on - using strategy, research, visual design, and user-centered design approach to complex design problems.
I'm passionate about all of my work, giving my 100% in each project, totally committing to delivering a solution of a high standard.
"The product was unquestionably better as was the team"
"Michael has amazing ability as a lead user experience designer. The product was unquestionably better for his collaborative approach and for him always challenging the team to better meet user needs. I whole-heartedly recommend him to any organisation that values user-centred and results driven design."
– Tom Simcox, former Content Designer at The Department for Work and Pensions (GOV.UK)
"Added incredible value and experience"
"Michael came in to help with our new season launch as we had 3 sites launching within a few months of each other. Michael was fantastic; he was very professional, organised and experienced. The sites have certainly moved forward"
– Anthony Devine, former Lead Front-end Developer at Craghoppers
"Michael is a fantastic mentor..."
"...and line manager. I worked with him on many design projects. He is always willing to lend his design expertise, and assist on projects. He spent many hours teaching me complex programs and design techniques. For this and his great sense of humor, I cannot express enough gratitude."
– Jill Winter, former Design team member at Premier Food Safety
Clients have included:
Senior Interaction Designer
@Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
Senior Product Designer
@Skybet and Gaming
Freelance Digital Designer and Front-end Developer
@Michael Cattell Design Limited
Lead User Interface / Interaction Designer and Front-end Developer
@Premier Food Safety
Over the last 16 years I've worked with a variety of major clients, sectors and products such as GOV.UK, Sky Bet, Sky Sports, British Airways, ITV, Regatta, Argos, Manchester City, Jet2, Remington, Premier Food Safety.
To read more in detail, check out my LinkedIn page.
What I’m known for
- Instigating a design process at Sky Bet and led the team through growth and assisted in getting design internally valued
- Lead designer of Sky Sports Super 6, and facilitated workshops, user research to assist in getting the app to top of the iPhone download charts
- Lead designer and front-end developer at Premier Food Safety, pushing the company to be a market leader in America
- Helped the team at Jet2 to re-design and develop Jet2.com and Jet2holidays
- Brought into many leading agencies from Manchester, Leeds and Los Angeles to act as design lead on multiple projects
- Previous experience include projects for Department for Work and Pensions, Remington, Jet2.com, British Airways, Argos, Regatta amongst others
Also known for
Running a mentoring program - supporting designers and developers for career guidance and progression. Often covering subjects such as asking for more responsibility, leading as an introvert, building trust within your team, giving and receiving feedback.